Prepare for Your Advising Appointment
Download a worksheet (pdf) to help prepare for your first advising appointment.
- Run a DegPAR report to review your academic progress. If you have already declared your major, select the “Generate New Degree Progress Report” option. If you have not yet declared your major, select the “What if Analysis” option.
- Prepare a 2-year plan with a list of courses you want to take.
- Review the upcoming semester’s Class Schedule on the Registrar's website.
- Create a list of at least 3 questions you want to ask your advisor during your appointment. Remember to ask for your RAN so you can register for classes!
- Are you ready to declare your major? Your minor? Your Topical Cluster? If so, access the forms on the Registrar's websiteso you and your advisor can complete them during your advising appointment.
- Make sure you know your GPA, classification, and which date the registration system will open for you.
You are responsible for your success at UNC Asheville; your relationship with your advisor can be a pivotal component of this success. Feel free to ask your advisor or visit OneStop Student Services if you ever have any questions related to your academic progress or success.
Last edited by firstname.lastname@example.org on June 8, 2012