What is DegPAR?
DegPAR, or Degree Progress Advising Report, is an online tool that allows you and your advisor to track your academic progress instantly through OnePort.
DegPAR can be used to track your progress in a declared curriculum (e.g. your declared major), or you can run a "what-if", which allows you to see what is required for different majors, minors, and programs.
The Degree Progress Advising Report, or DegPAR, allows students and advisors to access real-time, on-demand degree audits for students from any major.
How to run a DegPAR
- Log into OnePort and go to your Student Records menu
- Choose DegPAR from the bottom of the menu
- Choose "Generate New DegPAR Report" to run an evaluation on your current major, or choose "What-if Analysis" to run an evaluation on a major or minor you're considering
- Log into OnePort and go to your Advising Listing (or search for a student)
- Click "view" in the Degree Evaluation column (the last on the right) for the student you're working with
- Choose "Generate New DegPAR Report" to run an evaluation on the student's current major, or choose "What-if Analysis" to run an evaluation on a major or minor they are considering
Unsure about how to interpret your DegPAR report?
How can I tell if I have satisifed a requirement? How are semesters differentiated on the report? What do I do if I want to do a double major? All of these questions - and more - are answered on the How to read the Degree Progress Advising Report (DegPAR) information sheet.
Who can use DegPAR?
DegPAR is available to current students following the ILS curriculum, faculty and staff that serve as academic advisors, and students admitted to UNC Asheville, once they have received their OnePort log-in information.
What do I need to access DegPAR?
Students: You must be able to log into OnePort to access DegPAR.
Advisors: You can access DegPAR for students through the Advisee Listing or Student Information Menu in OnePort.
Why should I use DegPAR?
DegPAR is a user-friendly advising report that will show you which classes you have credit for and which curricular requirements you still need to meet. It is available 24-hours a day, every day of the year, which means you get instant access to an accurate report you can use for academic planning.
Not only will DegPAR reflect which classes you have used to fulfill requirements, it will also show you if any of your requirements have been waived, if any of your classes have been substituted to fulfill requirements, of if any of your requirements have been completed by something other than a course (e.g. Oral Competency may be fulfilled by a presentation in some majors, or you may have fulfilled the Foreign Language Requirement through the Foreign Language Placement Test).
Who decides if I'm ready to graduate?
The Office of the Registrar, using both your DegPAR report and an official graduation checksheet, will certify if you have met the requirements for graduation. Don't forget-you must apply to graduate on OnePort by the appropriate deadline!
Who do I contact if I have questions about a DegPAR report?
If you have questions about DegPAR--the report in general or a specific student report--email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. This email is checked by a committee of faculty and staff who have spent over a year working on DegPAR, and we hope you agree DegPAR is a helpful resource and great addition to the advising resources available at UNC Asheville!
Are there any special considerations for DegPAR?
Yes, there are a few important points to keep in mind when using DegPAR:
- DegPAR is for students who are following the ILS curriculum.
- Beyond indicating which requirements have been met, DegPAR also shows requirements that have been waived, courses that have been entered as substitutions for the purpose of fulfilling a requirement, and a requirements that have been met by means other than a course (such as a placement exam score).
- DegPAR is an advising tool; students are not cleared for graduation until they have submitted their Application for Graduation and the Office of the Registrar has verified a student's progress via the use of a Graduation Checksheet.
- You have the option of viewing previous DegPAR reports or generating a new one. DegPAR keeps track of all reports run for a student, so you can browse previous reports if necessary.
- If you have questions or concerns about DegPAR, send an email to email@example.com. This email is checked regularly by either a faculty or staff member who sat on the committee that created DegPAR; your email will be addressed as soon as possible.