About Us

All degree-seeking students at UNCA are required to have an academic advisor.

The staff advisors in the Office of Academic Advising are always available to answer your questions, but you will also have assigned faculty advisors in your major.

Some students have multiple advisors (for example, a student with a Psychology major and Art minor can have an advisor in both academic areas).

Here are some basics about how you will be assigned an advisor:

To change your current advisor or get an additional advisor:

Bring a signed “Change of Advisor” form to the Academic Success Center with the signature of your new advisor (and department chair if you have already declared a major). You can use this form to add an advisor for a minor as well.

If you are unsure who to ask to be your advisor, please contact the department, and someone can assist you with this process.