Asheville Campus Entertainment and the Academic Success Center presents …
Adulting 101: A Workshop Series
What they didn’t teach in high school…. but should have!
All events are 7-9 pm in HIG 228/229
Self-Care or Self-Sabotage? How to Tell the Difference.
Presenter: Julie Townley and Laura Carper
7 to 9 pm
Snacks and tools provided
Daily, we are inundated with messages about “self-care” and what we should be doing to care for ourselves. Self-care is not one size fits all and it’s sometimes harder to distinguish between what’s actually good for us and what just feels good in the moment. Join as we take a deeper look into self-care, self-soothing, and self sabotage.
In this workshop, we will learn several exercises to ground ourselves, regulate our nervous system, and check in with what is working and not working for us. There will also be goodie bags, giveaways, and a raffle!
Syllabi and Spaghetti! August 23.
- **LOCATION CHANGE (8/21)** This will now be held in the Blue Ridge Room in HIG.
- 7 to 9 pm
- Grab a free planner, organize your semester, and enjoy a spaghetti dinner!
- Advisors from the Academic Success Center will present a short workshop on getting organized for the semester- how to interpret your syllabi and use it to your advantage, organizing due dates, finding your flow, and finding your motivation.
What is Executive Functioning? September 20. *PAL Event!*
- Presenter: Dr. Angel Kaur!
- HIG 225/226
- 7 to 9 pm
- Snacks will be provided
- Curious about executive functioning? Dr. Kaur will speak about what executive functioning is, how it impacts all of us, and the tools we can each use to help us be our best selves for ourselves. There will be tools and concepts that you will be able to put into use right away.