All first year students (even if you have early college credits) will register April 19, 2021.
Steps to Class Registration
- SET UP your UNCA email account (refer to your admit letter for instructions.) Contact the ITS Help Desk at email@example.com with any issues.
- SUBMIT your enrollment deposit after you are admitted.
- WATCH the videos below on UNCA’s curriculum info and how to register
- SUBMIT Student Information Form (under Next Steps in your Application Portal)
- RECEIVE RAN (Registration Access Number)
- REVIEW what courses you need in GradPlan
- REGISTER for classes (starting at 8 a.m. on April 19)
- ATTEND Embark Orientation
- CONNECT to firstname.lastname@example.org with questions at any point in the process
How to Register for Classes
Welcome, bulldogs! Watch the videos below to learn about UNC Asheville’s curriculum and create your first semester class schedule. Keep the First Year Registration Checklist handy so you complete each step.
Part 1: Your First Year Experience Courses
First Year Registration Checklist
Part 2: The Liberal Arts Core and Your Major
- Living Learning Communities
- Four-Year Degree Plans
- Access GradPlan through OnePort (under Academic Links).
- Find a list of all classes that are part of the Liberal Arts Core.
Quantitative Perspective Requirement
Part 3: Register for Classes
- Access the Schedule Planner through OnePort (under Academic Links).
- Complete the Student Information Form, located under Next Steps in your Application Portal.
- Which First Year Experience class(es) would you like to take? Pick at least one, not more than two:
- FYS 178 [find all your options in the course schedule]
- LANG 120
- HUM 124
- Which class from your intended major would you like to take?
- Use GradPlan or four-year plans.
- What other class(es) would you like to take to get to at least 12, at the most 16-17 credit hours?
- Select another first year experience class, another class in your major, a class from the LAC, and/ or a class to explore/find joy.
For Engineering Students
Engineering Schedule Planning Cheatsheet
Your Academic Advisor & Major Declaration
In your first semester at UNCA, you will be assigned a faculty member as your advisor. The faculty member will either be the instructor of your First Year Seminar (FYS 178), an instructor in your intended major, or a faculty member involved with the first year experience. No matter who your academic advisor will be, they will be committed to providing support and guidance as you arrive at UNCA.
When you are ready to declare your major, please use this form. Once you are declared you will be assigned an advisor in that department. Please note that some departments have specific requirements and prerequisites before you can declare. Check the University Catalog for more information. We encourage students to declare a major during their Sophomore year.
After your first semester, if you are unsure about what you want your major to be, you will be assigned a professional advisor in the Academic Success Center.