OnePort is a secure portal that gives students and faculty access to their personal information.
OnePort allows students to:
- register for courses during the add/drop period
- access their academic history/transcripts
- review financial aid information
- see account balances
- access their UNC Asheville email accounts
- update personal information
- view the current semester's schedule
OnePort also allows faculty and advisors to get information about their students, see their class lists, submit grades, and change their personal information.
Are you a student logging into OnePort for the first time?
Go to the OnePort login page and click "First Time Login" to get started. You will need your username and UNC Asheville ID number for your initial log-in. This information is listed at the bottom of your acceptance letter to UNC Asheville. If you have lost this information, you will need to contact the Admissions Office.
Log into OnePort
- Log into OnePort using the user name and password you received when you were admitted to UNC Asheville
- Choose the Student tab
- Select Click here to under Academic Services, then Click here to continue under Banner Services
- Choose the Student & Financial Aid menu
From there, you can:
Find Your Grades
- Select Student Records.
- To see your final grades for this semester: Click Final Grades and choose the current term when prompted.
- To see your grades from past semesters: Click Unofficial Academic Transcript and submit.
Register for Classes
- If you already have the CRN (course reference number) of the classes you want to register for, you can select Add or Drop Classes, enter the CRNs in the boxes provided, and click submit.
- If you don't have the CRNs of the classes you want to register for, select Look Up Classes and search for classes. Register by checking the box next to a class, then clicking Register at the bottom.
View a step-by-step PDF with screenshots.
Find Your Advisor
- Select Student Records
- Click on View Student Information and choose the current term when prompted.
Note: If you have multiple advisors (i.e.: you have both a major advisor and a minor advisor), only your primary advisor will appear on this page.
View Transfer Credits
- Select Student Records
- To see your direct transfer equivalencies: Click on Transfer Articulation
- To see your UNC Asheville equivalencies: Click on Unofficial Academic Transcript
Look Up LA 178 Courses (if you are a freshman)
- Select the Registration Menu
- Select Look Up Classes
- Choose the semester for which you're registering
- Highlight all options under the Subject box
- Enter 178 in the Course Number box
- Click Class Search at the bottom of your screen
- To view the course description for a particular course in your results, click the hyperlinked 5-digit CRN for the course.
- Once you've picked a class, register by checking the box next to a class, then clicking Register at the bottom. If there is a C instead of a box next to the class, the class is full.
- Click on the Student Records link
- To see your unofficial transcript: Select View Unofficial Transcript
- To request an official transcript: Select Request Official Transcript and follow the instructions
Students can also request an official transcript by completing a Transcript Request form in the OneStop office, which is a free service. Important reminders and information regarding transcripts is available on the Registrar's web site.